Sneak Peek from Modern Twist on Austen, 99 cent Sale Ending Soon, Plus a Personal Appeal

Good Morning, dear readers!

Actually, it's afternoon. While I have been on vacation from my soul-sucking day job, I have taken to sleeping in until eleven! I must say, it's quite lovely. Alas, last night I had one too many chocolate martinis (who ever thought such a thing was possible!) and awoke with a terrible headache.

Once upon a time, there was a little blog hop called 6 Sentence Sunday, but almost as soon as I started participating, it stopped! Fortunately, other authors picked up the slack and created Sneak Peek Sunday, so I joined them for awhile as well. Now I can empathize with the organizers of 6 Sentence Sunday because I have been so busy being a writer (when not working 9, 10, 11 hours a  day) that I had to cut back on social media, including my regular blog posts (136 in 2013 to 45 in 2014).

Now I did not officially sign up for Sneak Peek Sunday since I knew I wouldn't get my excerpt up in time, and plus I am making a personal appeal, but I will add the Linky List below.

So here's another story: Once upon a time, my daughter basically put a gun to my head and forced me to write a little novel called All My Tomorrows. It did really well and was even selected as a semi-finalist in the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, as well as being named "Favorite Modern Adaptation" by Austenesque Reviews.

http://colettesaucier.blogspot.com/2013/04/abna-semi-finalist-for-once-i-am.html
I went on to write other novels, including Alicia's Possession and Viuda, but I just loved Alice and Peter (the "Elizabeth and Darcy" in this adaptation) that I had to come back to it. I wanted to give them more time together, and I could even see the scenes in my head. I had to put them down on paper! So now All My Tomorrows has been officially retired. It has been enhanced and expanded, with 9900 more words than the original, three additional chapters, four new scenes of our hero and heroine together, and more Pride and Prejudice. Playing off the soap opera setting, it has been retitled The Proud and the Prejudiced.

Knowing how many of you had read the original (over 14,000 on Kindle alone!), I have had it available on eBook for only 99 cents until the end of the year. That's only a penny per extra 100 words! (I just realized that.) After that, it will return to the outrageous regular price of $2.99, which is still less than a latte - and you get a lot more! ;)

http://www.colettesaucier.com/the-proud-and-the-prejudiced/Thus, my personal appeal is for those of you who read the updated version, I would love to know what you think of the new scenes! It's only available in eBook now, but soon it will be released in hardcover as well. Please let me know how (if?) you enjoy the enhancements.

So for this "Sneak Peek," I offer six paragraphs from the new and improved modern twist on Pride and Prejudice.

Whereas 200 years ago Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennet socialized at the home of Sir and Lady Lucas, in this century, Peter and Alice are at a dance club on "eighties night" (that's 1980s - not 1780s) even though Peter has declared his distaste for music from that decade.

Enjoy~


The electro-beat of Dead or Alive thundered through the club, and Alice’s eyes closed and mouth opened as she jumped up. “Oh my god, I love this song!”
Peter kicked back his Jack Daniels and set his cup down on the bar. “Come on. Let’s go dance.”
“Listen, I didn’t say I liked this song to get you to dance with me. I am fine dancing with my friends.”
He held his hand out to her. “I know that. Dance with me anyway.”
His words mixed with the tempo of the music to send a tremor through her. “I know you hate to dance – and you hate eighties music. You probably don’t even know this song.”
“Yes. I do.” He leaned over and spoke in her ear, that sultry voice from the silver screen carried on his warm breath against her neck. “‘Come Home With Me.’”



Barnes and Noble for Nook

Amazon for Kindle

AllRomance eBooks for most formats

OmniLit for most eBook formats

All eBook formats


From the Publishers Weekly Review of All My Tomorrows:

This engagingly written and entertaining novel stars Alice McGillicutty, a soap opera writer who spends her days managing the melodrama both on- and off-set of "All My Tomorrows." The show's exasperating cast, including party girl Giselle, paparazzi-bait Peter, and quietly smarmy Rich, turn Alice's life into a soap opera in its own right, and before long she finds herself romantically torn between the two leading men. Secrets come to light, Rich disappears, and the story climbs gleefully toward the over-the-top drama that forces Alice to write in a serial killer to explain the actors' absences. Laugh-out-loud funny and filled with endearing characters, the novel's greatest strength is its masterful dialogue and the banter between the players. Skillfully rendered love scenes add heat to the romances, which the author keeps interesting through a roller coaster of plot twists.

 



Comments

The Novels of Colette L. Saucier

Popular posts from this blog

Come See What's New in Today's Romance!

Just Desserts Delicious Blog Hop - Baked Apple Betty

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!