Sneak Peek Sunday - All My Tomorrows

ABNA Quarter SEMI-Finalist!

Welcome to the Sneak Peek Sunday for April 14th, 2013!

Today I am sharing a snippet from my contemporary romance All My Tomorrows (blurb below). Last month, it was selected as one of the 500 Quarter-finalists (of 10,000 entries!) in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition! This is in addition to being voted a Top 10 Romance Novel of 2012  and Austenprose naming yours truly  "Debut Author of the Year" for 2012!

UPDATE:  Tuesday, April 16th, Amazon announced that All My Tomorrows has been selected as one of the 25 SEMI-FINALISTS in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition!


French Quarter, New OrleansIn this excerpt, despite all her efforts to avoid him, Alice has found herself once again thrown into the company of movie star Peter Walsingham as he is filming in New Orleans, and he has joined her at a patio bar in the French Quarter one hot August night...


     Nothing felt right. Nothing felt real. Conversations continued around her, but she heard all of the voices as if she were underwater. Her skin waged a shoving-match with the atmosphere, the heavy, floral-scented night air covering her like a warm, damp blanket. She had already had three cocktails. She must be drunk from the alcohol and the humidity. She drank the mint julep then fished two ice cubes from the glass and put them on the nape of her neck. She closed her eyes as the ice melted into a cool rivulet down her back.
     “Are you okay?” Peter asked, and she opened her eyes.
     “Yes, I really am just hot and tired and – oh, my God.” At the sight of the scurrying creature on the wall, she spoke low but wanted to scream.
     “What is it?”
     “What was in this drink? Please tell me I’m hallucinating.” He followed her line of vision. “On the wall. Right there. Running on the wall. Is that a…a rat?”
     “Do you mean with the white fur?”
     “Well, yes!”
     He turned back to her. “No, I don’t see anything. I think you are hallucinating.” He stuck two fingers into her glass and retrieved more ice. He leaned toward her and ran his hand beneath her hair and held the ice against her skin.
     The nearness of his mouth made her dizzy and her heart race, and his holding the ice against her somehow made her warmer. “Then how did you know it was white?”
     “Oh, the white fur. No, that’s not a rat. That was a cat.”
     She narrowed her eyes at him. “I don’t think I believe you. Eileen?” But by the time she got Eileen’s attention, the ivy-covered walls were critter-free.
     “Do you want another drink?” Peter asked.
     “Are you trying to get me drunk?”
     The ice had melted, but he still held his hand against her damp neck, his fingers gently massaging the base of her skull. “I think I’m too late for that.”
     He’s trying to seduce me.  He’s trying to seduce me, and it’s working.


I hope you enjoyed that little tidbit from All My Tomorrows. (Click here for more.) Amazon has the first chapter of all quarter-finalists available for download for free (please note, All My Tomorrows has a book-within-a-book, so it opens with the melodramatic novel the heroine Alice is reading - "The Edge of Darkness"), but naturally I would rather you read the novel in its entirety (the eBook is only $2.99 in any format). PLUS the free Kindle sample gives you more than just the first chapter!

By the way, I just happened to notice that Amazon also has the paperback on SALE for 10% off, for all you anti-eBook readers. Not sure why or how long it will last!

You can find more Sunday snippets from other amazing authors by using the Twitter hashtag #SneakPeekSunday.

Don't forget to come back Wednesday when Marie Rose DuFour stops by for Coffee with Colette!

About All My Tomorrows


All My Tomorrows is losing the ratings war.

For headwriter Alice McGillicutty, the past year has had enough drama. Her mother passed away, her last relationship ended in disaster, and now poor ratings are catapulting her long-running soap opera toward cancellation. For comfort and creative inspiration, she begins reading The Edge of Darkness, an old melodramatic paperback she found among her mother's belongings.

When scandal rips Hollywood bad boy Peter Walsingham off the tabloids and into her studio, Alice doubts the small screen is big enough for his ego - or his entourage. In their battle of pride and prejudice, will Peter's vanity and arrogance compel Alice to write him out of her script, or can she find a role for him in All My Tomorrows?

“5 out of 5 stars: All My Tomorrows has solidified the thoughts I had after reading Pulse and Prejudice, in that Saucier is a master storyteller. Her ability to keep the reader engaged throughout both works is fantastic.” - Kimberly Denny-Ryder for Austenprose

“Saucier tells a wonderful love story with a sensual flare that warms the heart. Romance at its best delivered on a silver platter.” - Ellen Hogan for Readers Favorites

“Although it has plenty of light, funny moments, it also draws you in to care for the characters. Once I had started reading, I found it very hard to put this book down.” - Jane Austen Prequels and Sequels

 

Comments

Post a Comment

The Novels of Colette L. Saucier

Popular posts from this blog

Come See What's New in Today's Romance!

Just Desserts Delicious Blog Hop - Baked Apple Betty

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!